Living Faith

Noah was surrounded by people who wanted to dissaude and detract him from following God's call in his life. Noah acted in faith to God's call even though what he was called to do went against common sense and the "rules". Noah ran his race with the intent to win. He did not worry about public opinion. We can look at Noah's life for guidance when it seems we are the only ones walking a certain path; running an only course. We are not alone in our faith. God will always be there to guide and help through life's many storms and trials. An active and living faith can at times require actions that may seem new and uncomfortable, but the rewards are eternal.


Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Why Noah, part 3


When we did our first home study for the adoption of Raeya, our social worker was very concerned about our ability to withstand the whispers, comments, questions and stares from strangers because we were an "international family".

Little did she know that our military life was a life of international blending. As she spoke to us about this in our government quarters in East Point, Atlanta, I served her sweet tea recently purchased from a grocery store where I was the only Caucasian in the store. Over this tea, I could tell her the story of getting lost in Korea in a town where no one spoke English and my few words of Korean would not help me find my way back to post. Talk about whispers, comments and stares.

Yes, we stand out a little. Not all that much in Colorado Springs. We have moved 10 times since being married courtesy of the US Army and I have never lived anywhere that had so many adoptive and foster families.

After 23 years, I am home!

But comments and questions from others do not offend me in the least. It gives me a chance to share our story and the love of my Saviour. In a country where you can find more that one church on some corners, I share my story of God's love but it is in China where I long to stand in the gap and show my Saviour's love.

As my heart has cried out for the two boys we long to bring home, I have found it hard to concentrate on the here and now sometimes. I found myself in this very situation the Sunday before Easter as I sat listening to our wonderful pastor. I bowed my head and said a short prayer asking God to clear my mind for the moment of these two boys so I could hear His Word. The message that came back to me as I sat there humbled and teachable was, "Amy, through these two boys, My Name will be glorified".



Are you talking to me?

I am not one to share things like this and honestly I have not been one to whole heartedly embrace comments from others when they say, "God told me this....". I quickly reasoned that this was my own inner voice telling me what I wanted to hear and thus, was able to concentrate on the sermon.

It took me a couple of weeks to even share this experience with my husband. Another three months to share it here. Was this something I willed myself to hear because I wanted to hear it so badly or was this my Lord telling me He has it under control and I need not worry about it and I can rest the situation in His hands, concentrate on Him, and share the wonders of His Love.

Stay with me and we will find our together.

I hope to finish "the Calling to Noah" with one more entry and I pray you will be moved, you will pray and you will share my story with others.

God is moving.

He is calling.

He is waiting.

Don't miss it.



What is the 10/40 Window?

Where are the Most Unreached?





Today the reality is that 97 percent of the world's unreached lives in the 10/40 Window, a rectangular shaped area on our globe extending from West Africa to East Asia, from 10 degrees north to 40 degrees north of the equator.

In this part of the world, millions live with little or no chance of ever hearing the Gospel. The Window also encompasses the majority of the world's Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists.

The Neglected Window

Although 97 percent of the world's unreached lives in the 10/40 Window ... Less than 0.05% of our total resources as the Church in the West are being sent to help share the Good News.

Truly there is a staggering amount of work to do.
Within the 10/40 Window:
•The darkest of all areas within the 10/40 Window is Asia.
•Over 80,000 die every day in Asian countries without knowing about the love of Jesus Christ.
•500,000 villages in India alone have never heard the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment