Living Faith

Noah was surrounded by people who wanted to dissaude and detract him from following God's call in his life. Noah acted in faith to God's call even though what he was called to do went against common sense and the "rules". Noah ran his race with the intent to win. He did not worry about public opinion. We can look at Noah's life for guidance when it seems we are the only ones walking a certain path; running an only course. We are not alone in our faith. God will always be there to guide and help through life's many storms and trials. An active and living faith can at times require actions that may seem new and uncomfortable, but the rewards are eternal.


Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

God answers prayers, His way

3 years ago this month, Greg and I were matched with Jiang YuJun. Little did we know at the time that we were also matched with her two best friends, Noah and Rhys. Two boys that would change the course of our lives.


When Greg and I returned home with Chloe we were determined to do all we could for her family, Noah and Rhys. As many of you know, family is not necessarily defined by blood. Sadly, my biological family and church family did not meet the definition of "family". I think maybe this is why I fought so hard to have the two brothers of Chloe's heart be a part of our family. So, the first thing we did was pray, beg and plead to our heavenly Father for these boys. Those first weeks home Chloe cried for her friends, she and her sister decided to sleep on the floor in Washington State Apple boxes so Noah and Rhys could have their beds when they joined us. I was always finding gifts Chloe had carefully wrapped and hidden away for the day the boys walked through the door.

It breaks a mom's heart not to be able to give her child the thing that is breaking their heart. I know you know that. How much more does our heavenly Father know that?

Palm Sunday in 2011, I could not focus on the sermon by our wonderful pastor. I bowed my head and asked God to forgive me for my wandering mind. My thoughts kept drifting to the two little boys left behind. Some have experienced this and some have called people crazy that claim this, but I heard an audible voice that told me that His name would be glorified through these two boys. I knew I had to go forward at the end of the service and ask for prayer from our pastor. As the final hymn played and my heart beat frantically, I made my way to the front of the church and asked for prayers concerning our situation. The prayer given up to God by my pastor was not the one I was expecting and I will have to admit I was a little ticked off. The prayer was that if it were God's will for these boys to be adopted let it come to pass. Of course, the mommy in me thought, "How in the world could it not be God's will for these boys to be adopted?" My Lord's thoughts and ways are higher than mine and my Lord is not finished!




Greg and I realized that with the situation our boys were in, being trafficked children without the hope of being adopted internationally or domestically, we needed to do something to help the country they were in take care of them. Greg and I with the help of secular non-profit agency began a tutoring program in the orphanage for this group of children. We, along with other sponsors, pay a small sum each month to provide these childen tutoring in the orphanage, school supplies, school lunch and some clothes. However,as you know this does nothing to fill the role of a family.

A year passes and my knees are sore from praying. My dear husband, knowing me so well and warning me not to become obsessed over these boys, reminds me that I am now obsessed. So, I start searching for an outlet for these feelings. On an internet search, I find the only organization in Colorado that works with orphans in China. I was so elated. I did not think this was my way to get the boys it was just an opportunity to help in the country where half my heart was left behind.

The mission of this organization, World Orphans, fit perfectly with the way my husband and I felt coming home from China after our second adoption. There are so many children out there that need a home and begging every Christian family to adopt one orphan so there would be no more orphans was just not working. Even with some families adopting up to 13 children, we just were not going to meet the need and the command that God has given us. World Orphans works with churches in the United States to partner with indigenous countries to care for the orphan.




Imagine my excitement to think I was going to be able to volunteer, advocate, and maybe visit orphans in China. To my disappointment, I was told that the two centers that WO worked in were self-sustaining. Feeling a door close again but not giving up I remained as a volunteer. It has been a year since the last door seemed to close. It was not a door sealed tight with no hopes of opening. It was a door that was not ready to be opened. It did open this past summer. WO was asked to lead a ESL camp during Chinese New Year in Southeast Asia. I signed up to be a part of the team but God had bigger plans for me. I leave in 17 days LEADING a group of wonderful women to the very place my boys, Noah and Rhys, are located. I did not know the location of the camp at the time I accepted the responsibility to lead the team.

What does God have in mind with this really big "coincidence"? I do not know and I am not even going to try and guess. I am going with no other agenda than to serve my Lord and the children, orphans, He has told me to serve. Stepping way out of my comfort zone and being obedient. Leaving behind my four children and my adored husband for the first time in my life. Am I scared? You had better believe it but I am going to trust and wait upon the Lord giving Him all the glory.




You can follow our journey here. You can also support our journey by praying for us, the area we will be in, the orphanage leaders and the children.

God Bless,



1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how much this post has just ministered to my soul, in the same situation, home nearly a year with my daughter from China but half of my heart is still over there with the other children I left behind, praying and praying that my hubby will say yes to adopt again! Will be praying for you, what an amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete