Living Faith

Noah was surrounded by people who wanted to dissaude and detract him from following God's call in his life. Noah acted in faith to God's call even though what he was called to do went against common sense and the "rules". Noah ran his race with the intent to win. He did not worry about public opinion. We can look at Noah's life for guidance when it seems we are the only ones walking a certain path; running an only course. We are not alone in our faith. God will always be there to guide and help through life's many storms and trials. An active and living faith can at times require actions that may seem new and uncomfortable, but the rewards are eternal.


Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Terms of Endearment

I love calling my children honey, sweet pea, sweetie, sugar pie, etc....

The other day in the car Chloe combined all those names together to make one really long name for me. It made my heart smile.

I have noticed with Chloe more than my other three children how much she wants to be like me. Copying the big evident things about me as well as the small insignificant ones.

Flattering.

Scary.

Convicting.

It made me shutter when I realized this is how it should be with Jesus. We should want to hang on to every word, action, and emotion he displayed. It has made for a closer walk with Him for me.

We have a new name to add to our list of "love" words after this hospital stay. One of the dear nurses called Chloe Butter Bean. Now, if that is not a good southern term of endearment I do not know what is.

Another place I learned some new terms of endearment were in China. Our guide in China, Isabel, laughed at me when I called Chloe sweet potato. I asked her what words were used in China to call someone they loved. She started laughing and said that the two most popular words were Doodoo and Dodo.

We have brought back many cultural things from China that we cherish and share with our Asian daughters.

Doodoo and Dodo are not two of those things.

So, my little Butter Bean had another hard night. The two enemas gave her some relief yesterday and allowed her to rest but we are back to square one again without her bowels moving again. She got so upset in the middle of the night that she pulled out her mitrofanoff tubing. She was really upset when the nurses had to insert the 12 inches of tubing back through her belly button into her bladder. We are waiting for the enema order to come through so we can get her some relief again.

I was once hoping to take her home on Friday but now I hope for Saturday.

All in His time.

No comments:

Post a Comment