Living Faith

Noah was surrounded by people who wanted to dissaude and detract him from following God's call in his life. Noah acted in faith to God's call even though what he was called to do went against common sense and the "rules". Noah ran his race with the intent to win. He did not worry about public opinion. We can look at Noah's life for guidance when it seems we are the only ones walking a certain path; running an only course. We are not alone in our faith. God will always be there to guide and help through life's many storms and trials. An active and living faith can at times require actions that may seem new and uncomfortable, but the rewards are eternal.


Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

A sad day but a life that served its purpose

I have written about our little puppy Duncan who was born while Chloe was in the hospital being treated for some of her spina bifida issues. Duncan was also born with spina bifida. He was named after the doctor who was treating Chloe.

Chloe was in so much pain in the hospital. Her little body was not cooperating and the doctors were trying so hard to put the pieces of the puzzle together that she was presenting. As a most loved nurse said, "Chloe does not color in between the lines." How appropriate! We are a family that scoffs at the lines.

To be emotionally there for Chloe, I had to lean on the Lord completely. I prayed and read my Bible while Chloe was sleeping. I also compartmentalized a lot of the emotion. At the time, I did not realize I was doing this but now with the death of little Duncan, I know where all those emotions went.

The Lord does work in mysterious ways and He is there for us all the time whether we realize it or not. The little dog who "happened" to have a diagnosis the same as my daughter and who "happened" to get the name of Duncan outof a litter of four was where all my emotions went. This was God carrying me through for the sake of my daughter.

We, as Christians, believe that our up most calling is to be a servant, slave, for His will. I am here to fulfill his mission in my life. The mission, most often, is not a glorious, easy, famous, luxurious stroll through the park. We know that by looking at the lives of his disciples.

I have rocked, kissed on, hand fed, and researched doctors to treat Duncan. I thought he would be a candidate for the Wounded Warrior Program where he and a soldier could work through the emotions of an altered life but a life with much purpose and promise.

Instead, I have found that he helped me work through the emotions of a near loss of our daughter.

I was told in the hospital by one of the nurses that I was the strongest woman she had ever met. That is not true, I am a simple woman carried by the love of her Savior and a sweet little puppy that will always hold a special place in my heart.

We will miss you Duncan.

No comments:

Post a Comment